- AGM held on 28 Nov 2020 on Zoom. 37 members attended.
- 2020 Sail Programme decimated reducing income to 25% of expected figure.
- A tentative 2021 Programme published on website. We are not taking firm bookings at this time but expressions of interest (EOI) may be lodged with the sail Organisers.
- 2021 Summer Cruise will go ahead but area dependent on CoVid and Brexit. Last year’s skippers to be offered first refusal but all may submit EOI.
- CSD remains solvent due to CSSA not asking for boat loan repayment.
- New boat delayed to end of 2021 if funds allow.2020 Committee re-elected so all contact details remain the same.
- 7 Motions to amend the CSD Constitution agreed by meeting. 1 to 6 will be incorporated but No 7 (Membership) delayed to allow CSSA GC to discuss and ensure alignment with other offshore divisions.
- Post-AGM Committee meeting:Agreed Zoom meeting went well and format may be retained for future meetings. Will consider CSD social gathering in lieu.
- Boat Handling and Sail Trim courses to be combined into Boat Handling Under Sail and Power (experience shows that content is always dependent on weather).
- Need to re-emphasise that Sea Times are for member’s to gain experience in all aspects of sail cruising.
- Day Sails for members in addition to CSSC Taster Days and Group Day Sails to be considered, contact Day Sail Organiser if interested.
Approved Skippers have been sent the following in an Email earlier today. Below are links to SNL 02 and 03 of 2020 plus a new Close Down Checklist.
SNL 02 outlines the Covid-19 risk reduction procedures to be followed by crews on Sea Essay which the CSD Committee feel will allow the safe resumption of sailing. These procedures do not preclude you carrying out any additional actions that you may feel will further reduce the risk of contamination.
At this time only charters and some group day sails are being considered as we await further developments in the control of the virus and corresponding government rules and guidance.
SNL 03 covers a new reef 3 tack arrangement, the 1m shorter anchor cable and the stowage of brushes and dinghy oars.
The revised Close down Checklist emphasises the enhanced cleaning and disinfecting now required prior to handover.
All Skippers Newsletters are all available on the Skippers Page : https://channelsailing.org/skippers-newsletters/
These are the two new SNLs and the new Closedown Checklist: