Note. This calendar is under development. Its main focus is for tracking availability of Sea Essay and Training Events.
If you try this, whether you like it or have difficulties, please feedback to the CSD firstname.lastname@example.org.
The advantage of this calendar is that it can be shared with members. If you already use Google Calendar you can subscribe to a read only copy of this calendar by clicking on the + sign at the Bottom Right of the calendar below. You will then be able to view this calendar it alongside your own.
That said, in the event of any conflict between this and the Official Sailing Programme which is Excel based you are advised to refer to the Official Programme. This calendar is maintained and updated by the webmaster.
A new Skippers’ Newsletter was published earlier today in readiness for the new sailing season:
This and previous Skippers’ Newletters are filed on the page dedicated to Sea Essay.
The links on the home page to info on the Portsmouth Harbour Small Boat Channel have been updated.
There is now a link directly to the diagram if you want a quick reminder.
* * Update ** The AGM will be held on Saturday 25 November 2017, in the Waters Edge Restaurant, Mercury Yacht Harbour, Satchell Lane, Hamble starting at 12.00 hours. A buffet lunch will be provided after the meeting. There will also be an illustrated talk by Capt. Alan Watson of the HMS Medusa Trust will be given after the AGM. HMS MEDUSA was launched as Harbour Defence Motor Launch (HMDL) 1387 in 1943. In May 1944 she took part in the practise assault carried out by American forces at Slapton Sands, Devon and served at D Day as a Navigation Leader marking the approach channels through minefields at Omaha Beach.
There are two weekend charter opportunities available in October.
The Channel Sailing Division AGM will be held on Saturday 25 November 2017, in the Waters Edge Restaurant, Mercury Yacht Harbour, Satchell Lane, Hamble starting at 12.00 hours. A buffet lunch will be provided after the meeting.
New notices published on front page of the website.
* CSD Committee New Members Required. We need new committee members to be involved in the many aspects of making a 40ft cruising yacht available to CSSC members. If this appeals to you please get in touch with the CSD Secretary Colin Smith (email@example.com) for further information and encouragement.
* Photo Competition. A reminder of the 2017 photo competition which will be judged at the AGM. Please send your shots that best capture what you most enjoy during your time sailing Sea Essay to James Savage (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post them on our Facebook page (Civil Service – Channel Sailing Division).
* 2018 Summer Cruise Survey. With this year’s Summer Cruise completed your committee are keen to know the format and cruising areas you would like to see for next year. If you haven’t received a copy of the survey and would like to contribute please contact the Yacht Secretary Adrian Barnes at email@example.com
* Raymarine E125 Multi-Function Display Course. The Channel Sailing Division are trawling members for interest in their one day MFD course to be held at Raymarine, Segensworth, Fareham during a weekday. Replies please to Colin Smith, CSD Hon. Secretary by email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are berths available on Sea Essay for a 3 day Sea Time pm 8 -11 Oct. For more info contact susie at SeatimeBureau@channelsaling.org
Members wishing to charter Sea Essay for this period should submit bids in the usual way.
See Sailing Opportunities page for the updated document in context.
Changes in this version only relate to the Summer Cruise.